Thursday, February 19, 2015

My Experience Series : Never Give Up; A True Life Story To Inspire You!!!-part 2


THE DETERMINED NURSE

PART 2: DONT GIVE UP; GOD STILL ANSWERS PRAYER (Jer 33:3 ; Ps 18-19)


June 5 2011 was a memorable/happy day for many graduates of Babcock
University indeed,but deep down I wasn't fully happy, cos none of my
close family members were present(though my aunt & uncle came around);
my BIG sister couldn't make it cos she was heavily pregnant,my big
brother and little sister were with my dad at the hospital,and my mum
was with her creator(I was moody with my eyes red all through). After
the programme at the stadium, I joined my close friend(minister) at
her place to celebrate,cos her parents organized a big party for her.
It was while at her place that my BIG sister called to inform me of
her safe delivery of a Bouncing Baby Boy(my very own first Nephew). My
once red eyes and moody face became filled with tears of joy and
happiness,cos I was not only a RN/BNSc graduate, but also a blessed
Aunty( Double blessing in a day) #wonderful_God_init?

All graduate nurses were informed of the compulsory return by July
2011 for midwifery experience in Ibadan(Adeoyo Hospital),for a
duration of 6 weeks. Our midwifery tutor made arrangement for our
accommodation in a place she said was the best she could get for
us(Saint Bridges in Sabo area of Ibadan;so unbefitting and
inhabitable,still fresh in my memory!. The first week was hell trying
to adapt,as we turned a practical room to a living room without window
net and fan, there was no power from Phcn! We only had power from a
generator set at night between 7:30 and 9:30pm. We fetched water from
the storex tank and well, plus the purewater sold in that vicinity was
tasty, the mosquitoes were at their best, as they were as fat as I
am(hehehe). Mehn it wasn't easy for us. I remember the twins in our
set, telling their Dad on phone about our predicament,and the
following day,50 liters of petrol was brought, so we could use in the
school generator. I also called my brother that worked in BU water
department that we needed some bags of purewater and he promised to
supply us when he brings supplies to Ibadan...little did I know I was
in for it. Our instructor came in from BU and requested to see
everyone. We all assembled in one of the classrooms and the first
statement she made was "Jenny where are u? I heard you ordered for
some bags of water from school, so u can't drink any other water apart
from BU water, right?...... Do you think life is a BED OF ROSES? When
I was a student, I...." Our midwifery lecturer gave us the story of
her life. Mmmm...as if that was not enough,the other lecturer that
accompanied her,told us how she was posted to a snake island during
NYSC,that she lived in a cracked mud house with snakes! I didn't know
when I shouted with my loud macho voice "GOD FORBID!" and she
responded "what is God forbid? In few months, you would be posted to
different places, you never can tell where you would be posted
to....You're out of BU, now you are in the real world where you should
expect the unexpected...." It was really a long sermon, I must
confess. I kept rejecting every negative word that was said. I
remember her saying "mmmh, twins you even told your daddy to bring
fuel,is it because in BU you have light 24/7? it can't be like that
where you will be posted to." I rejected and said(in a low tone), "I
will be posted to where power supply will be better than in BU". After
the long scolding meeting,I made a little prayer to God,"Lord you know
I'm your daughter, and I know life isn't a BED OF ROSES as my lecturer
has said,but Lord please, I need you to do my posting,post me to where
there is gonna be light,just like in Babcock University,Lord I know
you can, thank you cos I know you will make me happy in Jesus
name,AMEN"! We finished the midwifery posting and some of us decided
to go for family planning training(6wks) and occupational health
training (6wks),pending our NYSC posting.

The day we had all been waiting for was finally here. We were all
gathered at the ceremonial ground in BU to get our call up letters. I
opened mine and guess what was staring me in the face?

OYO STATE, it was boldly written. I wasn't that happy cos it was so
close. I would have preferred somewhere rather far East, cos I lived
all my life in the West(wetin I wan do? I accepted my fate). Few days
later, I reported at the Iseyin NYSC camp in OYO for the 3weeks camp
{where I was made the CNO of the camp clinic(Chief Nursing Officer; as
I was the first nurse to report at d camp clinic), I was nominated as
the V/P MDGs CD group,chosen to be the room leader in a room of about
80 otondos,and came 3rd in a cooking competition}.
About 4days to the end of the 3weeks in Camp, I was asked by one of
the NYSC officials,where I would love to be posted to: the privilege
of being the CNO, my response was "Ma I don't have any particular
place,anywhere God takes me to,I'm good to go!"(not after I had
already told GOD what I wanted). Now, it was the last day in camp,the
day all Otondos would know where they would be spending the next 10
months serving naija. I got my posting letter, opened it and 2DIV
MILITARY HOSPITAL,ADEKUNLE FAJUYI CANTONMENT,OJOO was what I saw as my
PPA (Place of Primary Assignment).

When I got to my PPA,I didn't only find out that the electricity
supply is STANDBY for 24/­7(Just like in BABCOCK UNIVERSITY), but I
was also given a fully furnished,AC tight accommodation (for BU, AC no
dey our rooms sef),and the hospital was a trekking distance from my
abode(even my close friends that worked their POSTING plus PPA
couldn't beat that!).
#God_did_not_only_answer­_my_prayer_he_added_­jara_epo_and_fisi. Lol

I was overwhelmed with joy. It was the happiness and gratitude of
answered prayers that inspired and motivated me to embark on several
personal NYSC CD projects(my seed of gratitude),which made me the 1st
on the chairman's AWARD,got a gift from the Honourable Commissioner
for youth and sport in Oyo state,and also had several
appreciation/commendation letters.
#who_says_there_is_n­o_God?_Only_d fools...

After the 1st phase of my NYSC CD project (provision of hospital
equipments to hospitals),my immediate Oga fell in love with me(#fake
love). She called me to her office and said "Jenny how on earth were
you able to get all those hospital equipments?" My reply was "Oga!
it's not me,it's God o,I only wrote proposals to different
people,banks, organizations and companies requesting for funds,and
some of them responded positively." She added "that's so thoughtful of
you, now,I would want you to submit your credentials,cos I want you to
be retained here in 2DIV HOSPITAL"(#yimu). Before this time, I had
already told God I wanted a job of not less than 100k(for a start)
after NYSC,and as at when I was told that I would be retained in 2Div,
the pay was 35k, I reluctantly submitted my CV(fully aware of the poor
pay,plus my desired pay!) I also informed my otondo nurse friend who
we were serving together(but wasn't told to submit her CV) to do
same,which she did.

After the commissioning (it was commissioned by the GOC #Biggest
Oga_@d_top) of the 2nd phase of my project (provision of borehole
water for the corpers lodge and my POP),l traveled home to see my
Popsy(to tell him of the #oju_aye retainment) whom I barely saw during
my service year, I came back after 2weeks only for me to hear "them
say, them say, no vacancy!", meanwhile,I heard that my other otondo
colleague was called and told to resume by December. I went to see my
once friendly and accommodating Oga,only for her to say "No vacancy
yet, when there is,you will be notified" (I was disappointed,shocked
and speechless! The very Oga that asked me to submit my
credentials,that I would be retained,turned around to retain my other
colleague that was not even asked to submit her cv in the first
place). I managed to say "Ok Ma, thanks!" and left her office.
It was later I heard that my oga was not happy with me (she dey chop
beef) that I invited the GOC first,before inviting my commander,and
that my IV was supposed to have gone through my commander to the GOC.
#Imagine_wetin_dey_vex_my_friendly_Oga (when God is working for
you,expect the unexpected)

I called my BIG sister(#My_Destinyhelper) to inform her of the
disappointment, she told me to be in her place the next day. On
getting to her end, she commended my effort and told me to make a list
of all the people/ organizations that supported me one way or the
other for my NYSC project. Without much ado, I made the list. Here is
a peep of the list: The President/­Vice Chancellor of BU;Prof J.A
Makinde, The GOC 2Div; Maj Gen M.D Abubakar, NNPC Manager;Mr Victor,
Medical Commander;Brig Gen Obio, Engr Lawrence,FIRST BANK Marina, The
Controller CBN Ibadan;Mr John Paul, ECOBANK IBADAN, Chief Of Staff
2Div;Brig Gen Lawal, Engr Commander;Brig Gen Adeleke,Deputy COS G1;Col
Shaibu, Deputy COS G4;Col Eyitayo, HOD Dental unit 2Div HOSP;Col A.O
AJAYI(now Late, #May_ur_gentle_meek_soul_RIP), Senior Doctor 2Div
Hospital;Dr Nubi, Finance Commander 2Div; Col Ifon, PHCN Principal
Manager; Engr Udoh(now late, may_ur_gentle_meek_s­oul_RIP), The Deputy
Reg. PGD BU;Mr Peter Oduroye, Mr Tunji of NTA IB, Mr Oyeboade Oyewole
of BCOS tv IB,The Deputy speaker; House of Assembly OYO STATE, Hon
David Babatunde,HON. COMMISSIONER for CHAIRMAN OYO STATE,Hon Adetomi,
Chief Security Officer OYO STATE;Mr Kunle Bada, Alarere LG
Chairman,Akinyele LG chairman,Akinyele LG Secretary,to mention just
but a few.
(#All_of_u_that_helped_sponsored_me, where ever your unborn children+
children+ children's children are,they will never struggle to survive,
they shall find unmerited Favour & Grace in the sight of God and
Man,all the days of their lives, in JESUS PRECIOUS name,Amen!!!).
"Now, write appreciation letters to all of them and submit your CV to
the first three",was my BIG sister's order. #u_go_fear_assignmen­t
GED101

I started the letter writing. I submitted to the FIRST on the list;it
was a WOW commending presidential hand shake, after which I submitted
my CV to the CMD. By December, I received a text for an interview in
January, 2 weeks later, I got another text to come for my employment
letter and resume by February 4th 2013. The salary is not only more
than times three the pay at where I served,it also has benefits and is
pensionable, with habitable
World_class_settings/structures
#Again,God did not only give me more than my dream pay, he gave me
jara,epo,fisi and iyo! lol
#Godanswersprayersin­deed!

Morale of my story
1. In all of your sorrows, there is Joy waiting for you(there is
always light at the end of the tunnel).

2. Never ever accept any negative word said to you, (come what may, be
it whoever), always reject them instantly.

3. Life isn't a Bed of Roses(the thorns will make you stronger)

4.God still answers prayers(He is unchangeable).Pray always & don't
relent or give up.

5. When God answers your prayer, sow a seed(show appreciation)!

6. If it's not working your way, relax! God is working it out in His
own marvelous way.

7. Always remember that every disappointment is a blessing in disguise.

8. Don't be discouraged by the word "NO", sometimes rejection is a
guide for #RE_DIRECTION.

9. When God answers your prayer, share the testimony; it would not
only make God do more, but you will inspire, motivate and give hope to
people (that's why I have shared this)

#BE_INSPIRED_NEVER_G­IVEUP!!!

#GENIVACARE$

3 comments:

  1. #tearsofhope. You must be the best Christian nurse ever! Thanks for sharing your testimony. May testimony never depart from your lips. Amen. Keep d faith n tnx for u have inspired someone somewhere today!
    I'm pleased to have read this for such a time as this. It pays to have a relationship with christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. #tearsofhope. You must be the best Christian nurse ever! Thanks for sharing your testimony. May testimony never depart from your lips. Amen. Keep d faith n tnx for u have inspired someone somewhere today!
    I'm pleased to have read this for such a time as this. It pays to have a relationship with christ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks dear. God bless you��

    ReplyDelete